Berikut adaalah informasi sekilas mengenai Perbandingan KVM, XEN, OPENVZ
Info dari linux-kvm.org: “KVM (for Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on x86 hardware containing virtualization extensions (Intel VT or AMD-V). It consists of a loadable kernel module, kvm.ko, that provides the core virtualization infrastructure and a processor specific module, kvm-intel.ko or kvm-amd.ko. KVM also requires a modified QEMU although work is underway to get the required changes upstream.
|Dedicated filesystem of your choice |
(with direct block level access)
|Dedicated RAM with full access |
and debugging capabilities
|Dedicated server like isolation||–||+||+|
|VNC connection from the very early boot stage||–||Limited Support||+|
|PPTP VPN||Limited Support||+||+|
|Open VPN||Limited Support||+||+|
|IPSec VPN||–||Limited Support||+|
|Firewall Configuration||Limited Support||+||+|
|Kernel mode NFS Server||–||–||+|
|Independent kernel||–||Limited Support||+|
|Independent kernel modules||–||Limited Support||+|
|Full control on sockets and processes||–||–||+|
|Full guest OS support |
(Windows, Linux, BSD, OpenSolaris, etc.)
|Direct dedicated access to PCI / PCIe cards||–||Limited Support||+|
|Fine grained swap configuration per VPS||–||Limited Support||+|
|Official integration with the Linux kernel||–||+||+|
Main features of KVM VPS are:
- KVM virtualization technology offers VNC support that gives you full, physical-like access to the console of your VPS.
- RAM and disk are not shared with other virtual machines on the main server. This makes your KVM VPS even more stable and excludes a possibility of overselling.
- KVM VPS allows you to choose custom kernels as well as custom kernel modules for your KVM VPS guest OS.
- You may set up a VPN server in KVM VPS (PPTP, OpenVPN, IPSec).
- Full guest OS support. Allows you to install Windows, Linux, BSD, OpenSolaris, etc.
- With KVM VPS you may run a Window manger such as Gnome or KDE and and interact with it using VNC.